Home > Aultman Website > Newsroom > Happening Now
Kristi Spuhler | Feb 20, 2017
At Aultman Orrville, our volunteers make a difference in the lives of others. Today, we'd like to introduce you to just one of the many cheerful and compassionate individuals who support the healing we do every day - Lois Eastwood.
- Where do you live (city/area)?
I live in Orrville.
- When did you begin volunteering at Aultman Health Foundation?
I started volunteering in 2005.
- In what department do you volunteer?
I volunteer for the Auxiliary, the front desk, Endoscopy and the Emergency Department.
- How did you decide to be a volunteer?
I had to bring my father in for a visit and I was so glad for the help that the volunteers gave me and my family.
- What do you like best about volunteering?
I enjoy helping others.
- What are some of your hobbies/interests outside of volunteering?
When I am not volunteering, I enjoy crocheting, reading and spending time with my family. I also volunteer a few days a month by staying with a lady who suffers from dementia.
- Tell us about your loved ones (parents, spouse, children, grandchildren).
I am a widow. I have six children, 17 grandchildren and 25 great grandchildren.